A dish full of flavor, freshness, and attitude. The ingredients are easy to prepare – fresh grated ginger, lots of coriander, a chili and garlic to add to the excitement, cashews browned in oil, combined with chicken, coconut milk, green capsicum, severed over a bed of white rice.
This is just a great meal for a balmy summer evening out on the balcony. I’ve prepared this recipe a couple of times now and one time I forgot the garnish at the end (too busy talking with friends) and another time I added a little too much of the green curry mix which made it a little too hot – need to be careful on that. All up – this recipe generates a good quality meal, attractive and interesting in taste and presentation.
Ingredients (3 serves)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 350g chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. green curry paste
- 200 mil. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. coriander, chopped
- ¼ green pepper (capsicum), finely chopped
- ½ cup plain cashew nuts, fried until golden
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the chicken, garlic, onion, and chilli. Stir-fry for two minutes.
- Add the curry paste and ginger and stir-fry for a further five minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, green pepper and half the coriander and simmer for five minutes.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and sprinkle the cashews over the top.